The Amazing Electronic Flashing Neckerchief Slide is a one-of-a-kind electronic neckerchief slide kit that will wow your friends. It was conceived, designed, programmed, packaged, and is now sold by a Boy Scout.
The Amazing Electronic Flashing Neckerchief Slide will help you learn many basic concepts and skills of electronics as you assemble the kit. The assembling of the kit will help you with the successful completion of requirements #3 and #4 of the Electronics Merit Badge.
The Amazing Electronic Flashing Neckerchief Slide is an electronics kit you can assemble that will do the following:
This is a great little kit that comes with everything you need to build the Amazing Electronic Flashing Neckerchief Slide. Complete instructions included.
Maybe you don't want to assemble The Amazing Electronic Flashing Neckerchief Slide kit. That's OK. We can provide it to you already assembled. Batteries are included.
Great news! Now your kit can be bought and shipped directly from Amazon!
For quantities of 10 or more kits please contact us directly.
|$ 15.95 each|
This kit comes with complete detailed instructions that will help you successfully complete this project.
Additional step-by-step instructions, with more pictures, can be found here.
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The code used for the microcontroller can be found here.
||This was the first version that I built. It is on what is known as a breadboard. It is being controlled by an Arduino Duemilinove. This is what I used to make sure the code was right.|
||This is the first wareable version. It is built on a perfboard, or a board with evenly spaced holes and copper pads that isn't designed for a specific use.|
||Here is the back. I just taped on a pipe clamp to test the size.|
||Because the board didn't have all of the right connections I had to use point-to-point wiring. I used magnet wire to connect the leads on the back of the board to where they needed to go It wasn't as easy as I thought it should be.|
||This was the first production version. There were several things wrong with it, designer error mostly, but most notably the batteries were backwards which casued shorting so we put little paper strips to insulate. The button was also wired incorrectly.|
||This is where you can really tell that the button is bad. I had to cut some of the traces on the front and then use point-to-point wiring on the back to fix it. This board measures 2.5" x 3" so it's a half an ince taller than the current versions.|
||Instead of using silkscreen on the back, all of the text is in copper. This didn't turn out as cool as I thought it would be and it's a little hard to read.|
||I redisigned the layout so the board is now 2" x 3". This fit better on the large panels. This was another expensive mistake. The button didn't work again because of designer error.|
||I cut traces again and rewired the button. Lesson learned.|
||This is the current version. It all works right the first time, thankfully.|
||Notice no extra wires on the back. Sweet!|